Project: Parking Garage Repair
Date: August 2014
Client: Private builder
As a result of high loads (mechanical/ chloride), damages like cracks and spalling became visible on the floors of the underground parking garage.
In order to get an exact picture of the damage, the underground structure was inspected, and the damage was quantified.
The client inquired about different repair solutions to select the most cost-effective repair technology for the garage structure and the damage.
Moisture and corrosion monitoring sensors were placed on the structure as a safeguard mechanism to prevent future damage.
Installation of humidity and corrosion sensors (standard version) in the crack area of the construction joint. Connection to the old concrete by means of coupling mortar.
Installation of humidity sensors in the unloaded area (reference) of a pitch, as well as in the repair area.
The data was read out manually by a handheld reader, whereby the selection of the readers 10 cm / 30 cm) must correspond to the installation depths of the sensors. In addition, remote interrogation of the sensors is possible, e.g., to control the inspection periods.
- Uncomplicated visualization of the building condition
- Significant cost reduction in subsequent concrete repair due to early detection of damage
- Proof of the success of the repair
- Differentiated repair in case of OS system failure
- Targeted control of the inspection intervals by querying the humidity values
- Reduced blocking times for subsequent repairs